Summer is sadly coming to an end. My kids start back at school after Labor Day. The days are getting shorter. Nights are cooler. The berries have been fantastic this year. So, I decided to try making jam.
It was so easy and only took 2 ingredients: Raspberries and sugar. No pectin was needed because raspberries have natural pectin in their seeds. Now I can enjoy the fresh taste of summer year round…if they last that long!
4 cups mashed raspberries
4 cups sugar
- Use a very large pot, when the jam reaches a full rolling boil it will double in volume
- Heat mashed berries until they reach a full boil
- Boil for 2 minutes
- Add sugar
- Stir well
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, boil for 2 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Beat with a rotary beater for 4 minutes
- Pour in sterilized jars and seal
That’s it! It took about 30 minutes total! So easy and so delicious!