These buttery little biscuits make the perfect treat for afternoon tea!
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
Pinch of salt
1 cup Domata Recipe Ready Flour
10 tablespoons (1 ¼ sticks) butter, melted, cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, grease the Madeleine pan with butter and dust with flour
- Beat the eggs and 2/3 cup sugar in a large bowl to blend. Add the vanilla, lemon peel, and salt.
- Once combined, add Domata Recipe Ready Flour. Beat until just blended
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon batter into each scallop of the tray
- Bake until puffed and brown, about 16 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto wire rack to remove Madeleines
- When cool, sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar, dip in chocolate, or keep plain