Originally posted on Sarah in the Kitchen:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar, such as Organic White Sugar In The Raw
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon coconut extract
1 tablespoon caramel extract
2 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose flour with xanthan gum in the mix, such as Domata Gluten-Free Recipe Ready Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon espresso-flavored sugar cane
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the softened butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat on medium. Add egg and extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until smooth. Let the dough rest five minutes.
- Drop by the tablespoon about 2″ apart. Press down tops and sprinkle a pinch of sugar on each cookie.
- Bake one pan at a time for 14 minute, or until cookies are golden brown. Let cookies rest before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Cookies will keep five days or up to 30 days in the freezer.